deleting excessively large files or using applications that delete files without the Recycle Bin.
When a file is deleted from the Recycle Bin, or if the recycle bin is bypassed altogether, the file can no longer be recovered by the Windows Operating system. The content of the file still remains on the drive, relatively intact, until the section of the drive it occupies is overwritten by another file.
Restore My Files identifies the contents of such lost files on the hard drive and allows you to recover them. If a file has been partially overwritten, Restore My Files attempts to reconstruct as much of the file as possible with the remaining contents. This allows you to salvage at least part, if not all, of that recovered file to continue using it as required.
Restore My Files™ feature highlights
* Recovers files instantly from hard drives, floppy drives and other types of fixed media. If you are a home user or a network administrator, Restore My Files fills a critical gap in your data protection strategy.
* Rapid scan engine – a typical hard drive can be scanned for recoverable files within minutes.
* Scan all files and directories on selected hard drives.
* Search for a recoverable file using part or all of its file name.
* Utilizing a non-destructive, read-only file recovery approach. Restore My Files will not write or make changes to the section of the drive from which it is recovering data.
* Batch file recovery (recovers multiple files in one action).
* Works around bad-sector disk areas. Recovers data where other programs fail.
* Supports standard IDE/ATA/SCSI hard drives, including drives larger than 8 GB.
* Supports hard drives formatted with Windows FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems.
Download the latest version of Restore My Files and start searching for your deleted files now. Please note that the trial version cannot recover files.
Released: October 27, 2006
Size: 4,831 KB
Platforms: Windows XP, Me, 98 and 2000